In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Trump Administration has already delivered:
- $175 billion in funding for hospitals and other healthcare providers
- Over 75 million N95 respirators
- 120 million surgical masks
- 8 million face shields
- More than 19 million gowns
- Nearly 1 billion gloves
Secretary Perdue Issues Letters on Meat Packing Expectations (HERE)
- S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue last night sent the following two letters to Governors across the nation and leadership of major meat processing companies.
USDA Applauds Missouri Court Ruling on Meat Processing Plants (HERE)
- S. Secretary Perdue today applauded the decision made by the District Court of Western Missouri which ruled that the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has the primary jurisdiction over worker’s safety in meat processing plants across the country during the COVID-19 national emergency.
VA Gets Boost from CARES Act to Provide Emergency Assistance to Veterans who are Homeless or at Risk of Homelessness during COVID-19 Crisis (HERE)
- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced today that it has expanded support services enabled by theCoronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, to make available immediate relief for Veterans experiencing or at risk of homelessness during the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic.